To close Hong Kong bar, nightclub jumps for the third time as new Kovid-19 cases The Express Tribune

Hogcog:

Hong Kong will be closed for the third time this year, with nightclubs and other entertainment venues, Health Secretary Sophia Chan said on Tuesday that officials scrambled to renew the coronovirus cases afresh.

The authority is reopening a temporary Kovid-19 treatment hall near the city’s airport.

On Tuesday, Hong Kong reported 80 new coronovirus cases, taking the total to 5,782 Kovid-19 infections and 108 deaths since the end of January.

The Chinese-ruled financial hub has so far managed to avoid widespread outbreaks of the disease seen in many major cities around the world, mostly in the daily digits or lower double digits in the weeks before the spike.

More than 180 of the latest cases are associated with dance clubs.

“There are many transmission chains in a community,” Chan told a news conference.

“We need to tighten all social removal measures, because the epidemic is severe.”

Bars and nightclubs, as well as other types of venues such as karaoke and dance halls, will initially be closed for seven days at least until December. 3. They were closed for several weeks in April for the first time and from mid-July to mid-July — restrictions were gradually reduced again before September.

The latest boom in travel between Hong Kong and Singapore has been postponed for at least two weeks, due to launch on Sunday.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *