Prince Harry and Meghan sign multi-year Netflix deal

The former royal couple announced on Tuesday that they had teamed up with Netflix to produce documentaries, series and feature films. Harry and Meghan have a multi-year agreement with the streaming giant.

“Our lives as independent as one another and as a couple, allow us to understand the power of the human soul: the need for courage, flexibility and connection,” said a statement from Duke and Sussex. “Through our work with different communities and their environments, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope, to shed light on people and causes around the world.”

“As new parents, inspiring family programming is also important to us, because powerful storytelling through a true and trustworthy lens,” he said. “We’re pleased to work with Ted and the team at Netflix, whose unprecedented reach will help us share impressive content that unlocks the action.”

“Harry and Meghan have inspired millions around the world with their authenticity, optimism and leadership,” said Netflix co-CEO and chief content officer Ted Sarandos. “We are incredibly proud that they have chosen Netflix as their creative home – and are excited to tell stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere.”

The pair already have several development projects with the Steaming platform, including a documentary about nature and an animated series focusing on inspiring women.

Earlier this year, Meghan and Harry announced their withdrawal as senior members of the royal family and became financially independent. They have recently established a home in Los Angeles.

Anything else to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *