Lockout begins in Karachi’s Coronavirus ‘hotspot’
Authorities have started closing shops and businesses in many areas of Karachi to prevent the spread of coronies as the cases in Sindh have crossed 62,000 with most of them in the port city.
According to a notification issued from the office of Commissioner Karachi late on Wednesday, the potential coronavirus hotspot has been kept under lockdown for two weeks from June 18 to June 2, while grocery and medical stores will remain open.
1. District Korangi
– Korangi Town: UC-2 Makhdoom Bilawal, Kayomabad-A and B Area, Allahwala Town, Nasir Colony, P&T Colony, Darussalam
– Malir Town: UC-1 Moinabad Phase 3, SI, 35/3 Model Colony, Jafar Bagh and Nashar Square
– Landhi Town: UC-937-B Area Street Near Rahmania Nalsjid, Awami Colony, Imambari Wali Asar Area and Power House Area
– Shah Faisal Town: UC-7 Milat Town, Al-Falah Society and Malir Halt and UC-9 CAA Colony, Cantt. Markets and Old Iqbalabad
2. District South
– UC Karachi Cantonment: Barjata Line and Doli Khata
– UC Khardar-3: Lee Market
– UC Sadar-8: Burns Road, m. a. Jinnah Road, Main Sadar and Urdu Bazaar
– UC Phase VI: Khayban-e-Badr and Khayban-e-Muhafiz
– UC Lairi: Agra Taj-2 and Behar Colony
3. District East
– Gulshan Town: UC-1 Muhammad All Society, UC-2 Bahadarabad and Block 14, UC-4 Essa Nagri, UC-6 Block 13 (A&C), UC-7 Gulshan-e-Jamal, UC-8 13- D / II, UC-9 Block 7, UC-10 Block 14, 15, 11, Gulistan-e-Johar Block 2, UC-12 Sachal Goth and Rabia Petal, UC-13 Safura, UC-14 Rufi Lake Drive Inn and Gulistan-E-Johar Block 13
– Jamshed Town: UC-6 PACS Block 2 Tariq Road and Block 6, UC-7 PACS Block II and Block 6, UC-8 Balati Mohalla, UC-10 Martin Quarter and Fatima Jinnah Colony, UC-11 Jamaat Khana, Jahangir Road Quarter No. 02, Jahangir Road No. 01, Teen Hatti and Bijli Ground, UC-12 Salter Bazar Exhibition Area
4. District West
– UC-5 (song): Gulshan-e-Mayar and Khuda Ki Basti Phase 2
– UC-3 (Islam Nagar): Naval Colony, Sector 4
– UC-5 (Saidabad): Region 5G, 5J, A3
– UC-4 (Metroville): Block 3
– UC-6 (Frontier Colony): Sector 4 & 5 near Malkand Hospital, Ismaili Quarter
– UC-6 (Ghaziabad): Christian Colony
5. District Mali
– UC-3 (Cattle Colony): Road No. 09, entire commercial market area)
– Gulshan-e-Hadid-6: Complete Commercial Markets of Phase-I and Phase-II
– UC-5 (Jafar e Tayyar): Jinnah Square Commercial Market
– UC-1 (Muzaffarabad): D Area (Main Commercial Market Road from 50 Bede Hospital to 52 Wing Pakistan Rangers), Old Area (Main Commercial Market Road), Jacob Line (Main Commercial Market Road), Majid Colony Sector I & II. (Main Commercial Market and Muzaffarabad Rehri Road (Main Commercial Market from Hospital Chowringhee to Hussain Crossroads)
– UC-3 (Dawood Chowringhee): Main commercial market from Dawood Chowringhee towards 89 petrol pumps
– UC-4 (Qaidabad): Main Qaidabad, Gosht Gali, Murgi Khana Main Commercial Market, Mazid Paanwala Area Near Mobile Bazar and All Mobile Bazar.
6. District Central
Gulbarga: Selected Roads of Johraabad.
North Karachi: Bab-e-Ghazi Apartments selected Sector I -E North Karachi Streets and Anarkali Market.
SOP for areas under lockdown
i) Anyone entering or exiting the lockdown area must wear a mask without exception
ii) The movement of people living in areas under lockdown will be strictly prohibited.
iii) Only grocery stores / convenience stores and pharmacies will be allowed to remain open in these areas during specific times, as specified in the Home Department’s order dated June 01, 2020.
iv) All other business activities will be strictly closed without exception
v) All types of industrial units falling in these areas will remain closed.
vi) No home delivery / take away from restaurant / fast food joints will be allowed.
vii) Only one person at home will be allowed to purchase food and drugs by displaying the original CNIC to law enforcement agencies
viii) Only one attendant, where extremely necessary, will be allowed along with a person in need of medical care
ix) No private / family will be allowed to stay together in private houses
x) No riding will be allowed. Residents coming out of their homes must have a valid reason for doing so
xi) Pillar riding in these areas will be strictly banned.
xii) All public transport (buses, taxis, rickshaws, Uber, Careem, Swell, airlift) are prohibited to ply the roads in these areas.
xiii) The government will make every effort to provide rations to the needy people living in these areas through philanthropic organizations and by employing their own resources.
xiv) Government will make every effort to provide mobile dispensaries and mobile utility stores in these areas.
xv) The lockdown will be operational from 7 pm on June 18, 2020. It will remain in effect till July 7, 2020.